Monday, January 18, 2010

Telemetry Data Uploaded

Ran the path Sunday at Euclid Creek Reservation.  It's a nice path that follows the banks of the creek for the most part. It is 2.5 miles long and runs uphill. I don't think I was really ready for how steep some of the hills seemed. I decided to run from the lowest point up, thinking I would be fresh enough to handle the incline.  Not so much, I made it but there were portions that were excruciatingly tough.  I did get to try out the new Garmin 305. I like it alot, it located satallites very fast. It was extremley accurate. Now having a heart rate monitor is nice. However, I found myself wondering what my maximum heart rate should be and how can I tell if I'm having a heart attack. Seriously though, I did spend alot of time looking at it instead of concentrating on running.  Once the newness wears off I don't think it will be a problem.  Not only was I impressed by the ease of use during a run, but the amazing amount of data it collects.  When I plugged it into the computer it broke down each mile into individual laps (a setting that can be changed to longer or lesser distances.  It tracked avg. speed, min/max pace, charted heart rate to pace, heart rate to distance, calories burned, heart rate per lap. I also signed found that by using the Sportracks Advisor plugin for Buckeye Outdoors, I was able to seamlesly integrate my run data into the training planner. 
I also alteredt my marathon training program this weekend.  The program I was on seemed too flexible and didn't really fit into my schedule well.  I though I could make it work but it was becoming too difficult to keep to that schedule. So I scrapped it and went to a 16 week rookie plan.  Although, this plan does include and extra day of running I think I should be able to complete this one a little easier, plus all my long runs could be scheduled for Sundays.  This plan doesn't start until Jan 25th so I will just run to build a little more base milage before I start.
See you out there.
Distance: 5.03 miles / 8' 47" pace

Posted via email from T minus 26.2

No comments:

Post a Comment